Cleveland, OH - Westside, OH 44111
A local non-profit organization is seeking a Cook to prepare, season, and cook a wide variety of food items, oversee the inventory and storage of food and related items, and ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen and all applicable equipment. You will work Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., as well as 2 weekends each month.
- Prepare menus and food service schedules
- Determine food needs and gather ingredients and supplies from storeroom
- Slice, grind, and cook food and taste for quality
- Oversee daily needs, resolve issues concerning equipment and food supplies, and ensure appropriate stock levels of food and supplies
- Ensure the kitchen dining room, and storage areas are continually cleaned and sanitized, wash dishes, clean all surfaces, refrigerator, and freezer areas
- Set-up and maintain coffee area in the dining room, and assist with setting up for evening meets as necessary
- Attend meetings or committees as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 1 year food service experience in a commercial, industrial, or residential operation; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must have successfully completed all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test
- Must have knowledge of food preparation, presentation methods, techniques, quality issues, food service, and cooking issues
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and sanitary regulations and laws is needed
- Must have the ability to follow simple and complex recipes and properly operate kitchen appliances and food equipment
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and move heavy objects
Only candidates that can pass a background check, TB test, fingerprint check, and drug screen will be considered.
For immediate consideration, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.