Class B CDL Delivery Driver - 2 Needed
Cleveland, OH 44110 US
A manufacturing company is seeking CDL-B Drivers to make local deliveries around Cleveland. You will work Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Load all orders on truck for that day's delivery schedule and assure orders going on truck are complete and accurate based on the delivery and order reports
- Ensure efficient and safe shipping of product to agencies, receive products from donors, and distribute to the Fleet Manager at the end of shift
- Adhere to delivery and pick up schedule and notify the Fleet Manager of any alterations needed to the schedule
- Ensure that products shipped or donated is appropriately transported supporting safe food handling regulations and policies and provide and maintain superior customer service to the agencies or donors
- Accurately completes return forms and stage products to be returned in the appropriate storage area based on temperature
- Maintain unencumbered drivers license, uphold safe driving practices, and free from chargeable accidents and moving traffic violations
- Any citations received reported immediately to the Fleet Manager along with communicates regarding delivery or pickup problems or any other issues that can affect the performance of the fleet
- Assist in warehouse environment when schedule slows or as needed
- Maintain required job knowledge and skills, attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings
- Pre-trip inspection of fleet vehicle and equipment to ascertain condition, ensure that trucks and equipment are properly maintained, and fill out the daily Vehicle Inspection Report properly each day
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must have 3 to 4 years of driving experience with a Class B Commercial Driver License with air brake endorsement; a valid DOT Medical Certification is required
- Must have a tow motor certification
- ServSafe training preferred, not required
- Must be computer literate
- Must have the ability to constantly be able to exchange accurate information, take and give direction, and hear safety warnings
- Must have distant visual acuity in each eye, with or without corrective lenses, with the ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices
- Must be able to move office equipment and supplies constantly and lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis
- Must be comfortable with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions
Only candidates that can pass a background, BMV check, and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.