Cleveland, OH - East Suburb, OH 44128
A local company is seeking a Chemist who works with a wide variety of samples and materials to prepare and analyze them for trace analysis. You will work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Perform sample preparation and elemental impurity analysis according to methods, SOPs, and the QMS to meet due dates for raw materials and finished products requests
- Perform pH, wet chemistry titration, brix, moisture analysis, melting point, density, specific gravity testing, or other analytical tests as needed
- Troubleshoot laboratory ICP instrumentation, other lab instruments and methods to determine root causes and drive corrective actions as needed
- Perform basic instrument maintenance and upkeep and collaborate on protocols and report generation
- Inspect, clean, calibrate, standardize, and maintain analysis and measurement equipment, glassware, and instrumentation and validate analytical test methods
- Strictly adhere to quality protocols, enter test results into the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) database
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, or a science related field requiring a minimum of one year of Chemistry curriculum, or an Associates Degree or Certification as Laboratory Technician or a related technical field in combination with at least 2 years’ experience operating analytical instrumentation used for chemical and physical analysis in a laboratory environment
- Analytical instrumental experience required; ICPMS, ICPOES and AA instruments a plus
- Knowledge of accepted quality assurance/quality control procedures used in chemical analysis, laboratory safety and approved chemical disposal practices, and the principles, practices, and techniques of chemistry is needed
- Must be able to prepare technical reports accurately and in a timely fashion
- Must have the ability to follow established methods and procedures and the willingness to learn new tasks and software
- Must be able to pay a strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task
- Must be able to work independently, as well as, a member of a team, have a positive attitude, accept feedback and adjust when necessary, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Must have a solid work history
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.