Certified Medical Coder
Cleveland, OH 44113 US
A Certified Medical Coder is needed to review, analyze, and code all procedures for providers to ensure proper reimbursement. You will work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Review charges for accurate coding and ensure timely submission of all charges
- Prepare reports for staff, identify un-billed charges and coding issues, and bring to the attention of manager
- Keep logs and copies of current Insurance, State, Local, and Federal guidelines
- Maintain information in a confidential manner
- Cross train with other staff on business functions
- Provide support on Medical, Behavioral, Health, and Dental Coding Denials, create appeal process, and provide customer service to patients and customers
- Maintain a manual with instructions
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma of GED
- Certified Professional Coder, AAPC, CCS, and AHIMA Credential is required
- Must have at least 5 years of physician and hospital billing experience with specific knowledge in medical terminology and CPT, CPT II, HCPCS, and ICD10CM Coding
- Must be familiar with FQHC, Medicare, Medicaid, and health care regulations, billing, coding, and reporting
- Familiarity with Federal Qualified Healthcare Center standards of Medical, Behavioral Health, and Dental Coding is beneficial
- Microsoft Office Suite and EPIC related billing software knowledge is required
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills for coding denial review, appeals, and medical necessity policies
- Availability to limited local or overnight travel is needed
- Must be able to abide by all policies, procedures, and confidentiality rules
Only candidate that can pass a background, credit check, and drug screen will be considered. All applicants must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.