Certified Medical Assistant
Akron, OH 44333
This medical center is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to assist with a variety of clinic functions to help ensure that the clinic operates smoothly. You will work 3 days each week from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Oversee efficient turnover of exam rooms and make sure they are neat and clean, wiping with disinfectant, and cleaning all equipment properly
- Ensure patient charts contain all pertinent information
- Assist physicians when necessary
- Monitor supply levels and replace as needed
- Instruct patients regarding information needed once they leave the office
- Photocopy/fax information given to patients and place copies in charts
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations
- Handle patient lab reports, path reports, and other results as instructed with proper documentation and follow-up
- Follow all HIPAA rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; college degree is a plus
- Must have a current Medical Assistant Certification
- Must have previous medical receptionist or hospital admitting experience
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be proficient with Windows 2007
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to deal individuals from diverse culture and socio-economic backgrounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.