Youngstown, OH 44502
A manufacturing company, located in Youngstown, is seeking a CNC Machinist/Programmer for a full-time opportunity. You will work with heavy CNC machinery from set-up to operation to produce parts and tools from metal or other materials. In addition, you will operate CNC Horizontal, Vertical Mills, and Machining Centers utilizing medium to heavy steel plates in a fabrication job shop environment. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Load feed mechanism by using an overhead crane to lift materials into position
- Perform typical machine shop operations
- Mill, turn, drill, tap, de-bur, saw, and sand fabrications
- Verify settings by measure marks, and scribe dimensions and reference points to first-run part
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors to retrieve, input, or edit machine according to guidelines
- Troubleshoot malfunctions, resolve issues, and perform routine maintenance
- Interpret packet of router, engineering drawings, blueprints, and other work instructions
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma or graduation from a certified technical school
- Must have 3 to 5 years prior CNC Machining experience
- Must have experience machining medium to heavy plate formations
- Solid knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints, performing set-up, and editing programs in G&M Code is required
- Must have operated a forklift, overhead crane, and various inspection gauges
- Must be willing to be cross-trained across multiple pieces of equipment
- Must have the ability to adhere to safe work practices
- Must be able to take and pass a vision acuity test
- Must have the ability to frequently lift/push/pull 50 pounds
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.