CNC Lathe Supervisor
Berea, OH 44017
A large machining company is seeking a CNC Lathe Supervisor to work in their CNC Department. Work hours are Monday and Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Fridays from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. When overtime is required, you will work Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Maintain and monitor quality requirements including first piece inspections
- Provide guidance and training for the machine operators
- Direct the hourly work force to meet production schedules, operator set-up, and run performance, efficiencies, etc.
- Resolve minor technical problems necessary to keep equipment running, including editing of CNC programs, tooling problems, and quality issues
- Keep accurate department records and production reporting
- Perform any additional duties and responsibilities
- Must have a minimum of five years of supervisor experience
- Must have five years direct experience with CNC technology equipment
- Must have a thorough knowledge of set-ups, operation, and troubleshooting of various types of manual and CNC equipment.
- Compute surface feet, RPM, inches per minute, etc.
- Blueprint reading, standard formulas, and shop math is essential
- Must have knowledge of carbide insert geometries
- Must be proficient with G&M codes, program edits, and cutter selection
- Lathe and 4 axis mill programming is a must
- Gibbs CNC programming is a plus
- Must pass a Mechanical, Problem Solving, and CNC Knowledge test
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.