CNC Brush Production Technician
Mentor, OH 44060 US
We are looking for an individuals who can safely set-up and operate a variety of CNC Brush Drilling and Filling Machines, trimming, and slotting equipment to produce a variety of rotary, cylinder, and hand maintenance brushes to meet customer specifications for quality, quantity, and on-time delivery. There are openings on both first and third shifts.
- Review work order and blueprints for job number, specifications, materials, sizes and dimensions, select appropriate program in computer, and make adjustments as necessary to accommodate variances
- Select and install appropriate tooling for drilling, filling, and trimming components, adjust trimmer settings, table/bridge components, and table height and length
- Uses various tools, establish pattern onto block, set drill depth, drill first hole and checks depth, adjust if necessary, determine amount of filler material needed, and load filler materials
- Check height, spread, and all other dimensions on work order, use various measuring devices, perform pull tests as necessary, weigh blocks before and after filling to ensure weight, and obtain first piece inspection from designated personnel
- Run entire job or set-up operator to run, continually check quality, complete appropriate paperwork, and repairs brushes as needed
- Repair and troubleshoot machines and parts as necessary, communicate with other shift employees to relay status of in-process jobs and machines, obtain first-piece inspection from designated personnel, and follows all prescribed quality inspection requirements
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, follows all safety rules and regulations, wear required and recommended safety equipment, follow safety precautions on materials as per MSDS sheets, adheres to all environmental regulations, and attend and participate in all required training sessions
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Must have a mathematical and mechanical aptitude and ability
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, specifications, and measuring devices
- Must have strong manual dexterity, eye/hand coordination, and ability to use hand tools in order to set up tooling on machines and operate drilling, filling, trimming, and slotting machines
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pound cylinders 3 to 15 times per hour
- Must be able to occasionally lift 60 pound boxes of materials, frequently lift finished brushes weighing up to 25 pounds, and the ability to move and tip over 200 pound spools of wire with assistance
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder
- Must be comfortable wearing safety glasses and ear protection at all times and gloves may be worn to protect skin from scrapes and cuts
- Extreme caution must be used while working with machines
Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.