Mayfield Village, OH 44143
A manufacturing company is seeking a Buyer who will be responsible for all material planning and procurement of assigned purchased materials so that customer requirements are satisfactorily fulfilled per the master production schedule. You will work Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ensure availability of parts so that work orders can be released as scheduled without part shortages to manufacturing and repair
- Determine and fix root cause of part shortages to avoid re-occurrence
- Review and adjust stocking levels, lead times, and order quantities as needed to meet business targets to avoid shortages and manage inventory levels
- Review and act upon planned release signals and exception messages
- Create, place, confirm, and close purchase orders
- Negotiate best pricing and lead time with suppliers
- Monitor performance for assigned suppliers and take action when required to improve performance
- Take proactive initiative to resolve problems & ensure compliance to quality system requirements
- Mange cost reduction projects and execute change orders
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Business, or Communication is required; Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain or Business is preferred
- Must have 2 to 3 years’ experience in the procurement of electronics or plastic injection molded components
- Experience in the medical device or other highly regulated industry is preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of ERP/MRP System and Dynamics GP
- Must be able to deal effectively with Suppliers and represent the company in a professional manner
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have an optimistic outlook along with a team oriented attitude
- Must be a self-started, able to understand what needs to be done, and prioritize tasks
Only candidates that can pass a background check will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.