Westlake, OH 44145 US
We have an opportunity available for a Bricklayer to mix mortar, sand and water, build structures, and repair masonry. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; however, some overtime may be required to finish a project.
- Analyze and interpret work orders, drawings, diagrams, and job descriptions
- Grind and remove loose mortar for tuck pointing, measure length, width, and height
- Calculate and determine vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, lay bricks, and level
- Stand on scaffolding and use equipment and tools to perform duties
- Build and erect walls, fireplaces, and chimneys, install flue liners and other masonry items
- Tuck pointing with finishing tools, measure and lay-out bricks, and make repairs
- Conduct frequent quality checks and advise as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience on a construction site or project work
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in bricklaying and project work
- Must have basic math skills; simple algebra and trigonometry is recommended
- Must be able to follow directions and pay attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, haul up to 100 pounds, bend, stoop, squat, or twist
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be comfortable working outside in all types of weather
Only candidates that can pass a background, BMV check, and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.