Brake Press Operator
Walton Hills, OH 44114
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Brake Press Operator who will be responsible for bending, forming, or flattening materials using the Press Brake or Flattening Press. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Manually operate a 350 ton Wysong Hydraulic Brake
- Select and install the press brake dies required to meet the drawing specifications
- Read and interpret blueprints or drawings to determine the specific forming operation
- Operate forklift and overhead crane to handle and move materials
- Chip or grind off excess burn slag using hand scrapers, power chippers, or air grinders prior to forming the materials
- May operate horizontal band saw and perform burn beveling, shot blasting, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 2 years shop experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have knowledge of the kind of tools and equipment needed for each job
- Must be experienced operating a forklift or overhead crane
- Must be able to read blueprints or drawings
- Must use geometry and general math to solve problems
- Paying attention and taking the time to understand the points being made and asking questions is vital for this position
- Must be able to use your time effectively and efficiently.
- Adherence to all workplace safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices is important
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.