Bindery Operator Trainee - Second Shift
Elyria, OH 44035
A printing company is seeking a Bindery Operator Trainee who will be taught to safely operate bindery equipment, as well as, pull and fill customer orders. This is a second shift position working Monday through Thursday from 3 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Operate machinery to cut, fold, bind, and finish the final product
- Read work orders and set the machine according to job specifications
- Complete trial runs and evaluate the quality and appearance of product
- Adjust machinery as needed prior to starting the job
- Ensure cutter, folder, and booklet making machines are in proper working order
- Inspect printed materials throughout the run
- Place completed job in correct inventory bin and completed job jackets to be received into inventory
- Ensure products goals for each job are met and followed and initial the quality checklist for each job
- Maintain a clean work area and complete all work according to schedule
- Submit changes to manager when there is a discrepancy on job ticket
- Follow safety regulations and procedures
- Perform other duties as directed
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- On-the-Job training will be provided
- Must have excellent mechanical skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems with machinery
- Must be able to work with cutters, folders, and booklet making machines
- Must be able to understand work orders, follow instructions, use hand tools, read a ruler, and work well under pressure
- Must have strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented and computer literate
- Must be able to work independently as well in a team environment
- Must be comfortable standing for prolonged period of time, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.