Benchperson - Polisher
Twinsburg, OH 44087
This growing manufacturing company is offering an immediate, full-time position for a Benchperson/Polisher for a full-time opportunity. This company expects all employees to wear a lot of hats and perform a variety of duties, but this position is specifically involved in the fitting and polishing of custom-made tooling. This is a first opportunity working 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Use powered and manual hand tools to change tooling geometry as required for proper fit and polish of dies
- Use polishing stones and sandpaper, by hand, to polish and blend to a near-mirror surface finish
- Assemble and disassemble tooling as required to facilitate the other operations
- Perform inspections of tooling as required and document results
- Read basic information from blueprints and work with engineering on design and manufacturing requirements
- Measure with standard gages such as radius gages and calipers and be able to learn use of nonstandard/custom gages
- Work in conjunction with our machinists to prevent and/or fix issues required to produce our high-quality tooling
- Drive a forklift and/or operate an overhead crane
- Pack materials for shipment to vendors or customers
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must know how to use powered and manual hand tools
- Must know who to read and interpret blueprints and engineering designs
- Must have previously used radius gages and calipers
- Must have operated a forklift and/or an overhead crane
- Must be a team player and be flexible to job duties
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have a solid work history, with no attendance issues
- Must want a career opportunity, not just a job
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers an excellent benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.