Band Saw Operator
Streetsboro, OH 44241 US
We have great paying position for an experienced Band Saw Operator on first shift from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Set-up and operate band saw machines; Amada and HEM Saw experience is a plus
- Set controls to adjust speed, feed rate, and tension of the blade
- Install saw blade and set blade tension and cutting speed for specific operation
- Set blade angle using a wrench and stops and guides using steel rule and wrenches
- Operate saw to cut along measured dimension
- Verify dimension of finished workpiece using measuring tape and calipers
- Operate overhead magnet cranes, forklift, or side loader to move material
- Pull and transfer stock from inventory to machine
- Clean and perform day-to-day maintenance of equipment
- Ensure all necessary work orders are filed out completely and properly
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have previous experience operating band saw machines
- Must be able to set controls, adjust speed, feed rate, and tension
- Must have operated overhead magnet cranes, forklift, or side loaders
- Must have the ability to properly use measuring tools
- Must be comfortable kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting, turning, and climbing
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 35 pounds daily and 75 pounds occasionally
- Must have the ability to follow all safety standards and keep work area in a clean, safe, and orderly manner
- Must have steel toed boots
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.