Accounts Receivable Clerk
Cleveland, OH 44114
This manufacturing and distribution company is seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk, who will ensure that the company receives payments for goods and services and payments are properly recorded. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, and coordinating contact with collection department
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Research cash receipts, coding, and posting of receipts to reconcile with the customers’ records
- Oversee client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs, and payment reversals
- Establish new customer accounts after collecting required executed documents from customer
- Process credit applications and obtain credit information from references
- Perform collection functions on customer accounts with past due invoices
- Monitor order hold queues and release and/or hold orders based on establish procedures
- Process credit card transactions to pay open account invoices
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service department and from customers
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes, or Accounting Degree preferred
- 4 to 6 years’ hands-on accounts receivable, credit and collections experience
- MS Office application experience
- Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading skills, and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and customers
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, and energetic
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.