Medina, OH 44256 US
A Staff Accountant is needed to maintain accounting integrity while maximizing system reporting capabilities, prepare, analyze, and interpret accounting records, financial reports, government reports, statistics, and accounting data processing services. This is a full-time opportunity working Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Provide accounting support for multiple entities and assemble financial and statistical data from a variety of resources
- Use bank documents, statements, receipts, and other supporting documents to prepare and enter journal entries
- Prepare and maintain computerized financial spreadsheets for ledgers and statistical records and assist with depreciation along with fixed asset and depreciation ledgers and records
- Complete, register, and file multiple state tonnage reports, sales, taxes, and product registration
- Manage fleet registrations and apply for International Fuel Tax Agreement Licensing
- Maintain department’s supporting documentation, assist with various audits, and prepare reports for external auditors
- Coordinate and reconcile month-end, quarterly, and annual reporting, complete and file quarterly IFTA reports, current agriculture use valuation applications, and real estate taxes
- Complete, register, and file commercial activity, and other taxes to comply with governmental regulations and requirements
- Provide back-up support to Controller, Assistant Controller, and Human Resources
- Must have a working knowledge of corporate accounting
- Must have the ability to enter and retrieve accurate data using computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office with accurate data entry skills; Great Plains experience, a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and able to pay a high attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Must have the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and provide the highest legal and ethical standards
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 330-468-4469 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.