Independence, OH 44131 US
Area Temps has been a staffing leader in Northeast Ohio since 1987 with seven branch offices servicing Cuyahoga and the surrounding counties. We specialize in temporary, temp-to-perm and direct hire placements of clerical, light industrial, skilled trades and professional candidates. By providing consistent quality and personal service, we have cultivated lasting partnerships with our clients.
We are seeking a career-oriented Accounting Assistant to fill a key role on our growing team. The Accounting Assistant works under the guidance of the Accounting Supervisor and manages various accounting functions. In addition, the Accounting Assistant will be trained to be promoted to the Accounting Supervisor position within 2 to 3 years.
This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday.
Initial duties as an Accounting Assistant include:
- Processing accounts payables
- Overseeing purchasing of supplies for corporate and branch locations
- Overseeing the processing of weekly payroll by the branch locations for temporary employees
- Researching payroll errors and making appropriate adjustments
- Making payroll deductions, such as child support and garnishments
- Processing monthly expense reimbursements for sales and executive employees, and printing expense checks
- Generating accounting reports, such as payroll summary, daily cash flow summary and expense reimbursement
- Processing credit card payments
- Interfacing with bank, payroll, credit card and other websites
- Handling month-end accounting prep work
- Communicating with corporate and branch management daily
- Assisting with accounts receivable as needed.
Future duties as an Accounting Supervisor include:
- Supervising the Accounting Assistant and accounting functions for the department
- Administering benefits, including providing benefits information to new permanent hires, enrolling new hires, and setting up payroll deductions
- Processing payroll for permanent staff members, including adjustments, commissions, bonuses and deductions
- Completing month-end reports
- Utilizing MS Excel to generate various accounting reports
- Working closely with payroll service, accounting firm, benefits providers and bank service
The right candidate will possess the following:
- A working knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting functions. 2+ years of experience or equivalent education is preferred
- An associate degree in accounting, finance or related field. A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A strong understanding of accounting principles
- Detail-oriented with excellent math and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to take on new responsibilities with a desire to move into a supervisory role
- A working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook. Will train on proprietary software
- Proficiency with accounting software; Great Plains software is a plus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation/Holidays, 401K plan
If interested in this career opportunity, please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.