*Buyer - Planner
Painesville, OH 44077 | Direct Hire
This design and manufacturing company is seeking a Buyer/Planner to quote, purchase, and receive materials, production planning, maintaining the assembly schedule and inventory control, of products as assigned, consistent with MRP/ERP System requirements. This is a full-time, long-term opportunity working Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Use MRP/ERP System to purchase, plan, allocate, and issue materials to production in support of customer requirements
- Coordinate the movement of materials from vendors, ensuring all vendor supplied material is available and shipped on time
- Expedite materials when necessary, coordinate on supplier delays, and monitor and resolve delivery and quality issues with suppliers
- Visit local suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assist in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems
- Create and maintain production, scheduling, forecasting/delivery, shortages, small business, and government reports for all assigned materials
- Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering with cost estimates
- Negotiate process, lead times, long-term agreements and delivery terms
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administrations, Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering
- Must have at least 2 years experienced in purchasing and/or materials control, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Blueprint reading preferred, but not required
- Must be able to establish, monitor, and maintain relationships with vendors
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be computer literate with exceptional MRP/ERP Systems knowledge
- Must have strong time management, organizational, and customer service skills
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.