Technical Service Technician
Ashtabula, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A manufacturing company is seeking a Technical Service Technician to complete color matches, colorant scale up, physical properties evaluation, project formulation, and provide on-site support for coatings. You must be shift flexible for this position.
- Work closely with the Technical Service Representatives to assure developmental effectiveness
- Help maintain inventory and replenish raw materials for lab use
- Provide support to all Technical Service Technicians and Representatives as required
- Generation and completion of laboratory work requests in accordance to the schedule and provide notification when needed
- Contact customers to obtain information critical to project success
- On-site color match support for coatings as required
- Develop a basic understanding of customer processes and raw materials
- Maintain current on pigment types, resins, chemistries, and their application
- Maintain required accurate, legible, and thorough record keeping
- Perform quality testing, in a laboratory setting, to meet operating objectives
- Maintain high housekeeping standards
- Comply with safety rules and regulations, and attend safety meetings and trainings
- BA/BS Degree in Science or Engineering; or Associate’s Degree in Science or Engineering; or work related equivalency in coating
- Must have a strong understanding of pigment and carrier types/chemistries
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have basic Word and Excel knowledge
- Must have adequate color discrimination skills
- Must have the ability to work in a close team environment
- Must be able to multi-task, complete tasks in a timely and thorough manner, support Technicians and Representatives, and keep proficient records
- Must be able to work with others to create a team atmosphere
- Must adhere to all company procedures and policies
Only candidates that can pass a background check and a drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.