Maple Heights, OH 44137 | Temp-to-Hire
This distribution company is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Clerk who will be responsible for the flow of merchandise moving in from production to inventory, and of finished goods or custom order to customers for parcel and LTL Shipments. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Verify method of shipment from sales order notes utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures
- Pull merchandise from inventory and custom orders and prepare for shipping
- Securely package product in cartons and also handmade cartons
- Receive and sign for parcel shipments and occasional truck shipments
- Affix shipping labels and packing slips on packed cartons and identify shipping information
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and rectify damages and shortages
- Examine outgoing shipments to insure specifications are met
- Load and unload trucks if necessary
- Perform other assignments as necessary
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Lift truck experience needed, preferably certified
- FedEx and/or UPS Shipping Software knowledge is helpful
- Must have the ability to lift 60 to 80 pounds
- Must have good math skills and be able to follow simple instructions
- Must have strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of a team
- Must have reliable transportation
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.