Stow, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Buyer to ensure the smooth flow of purchased materials to the manufacturing floor as well as purchasing the necessary items to efficiently run the office operations. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Examine BOMs and inventory to determine what parts and materials are required to purchase and maintain inventory
- Issue RFQs as required and negotiate pricing for commodity items and review the pricing on a regular basis
- Complete purchase requests with suppliers, verify all transactions, and expedite orders
- Handle all issues with over shipments, delivery shortages, incorrect pricing, delivery date discrepancies, and handle most supply issues
- Communicate all challenges and problems to the internal customers including recovery plans and/or possible options
- Authorize payment for purchases
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a BS or Associates Degree plus 3 years of buying experience or 8 years of busing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be proficient with Outlook, Excel, and Work and ERP experience is encouraged
- Must have accurate data entry skills and type 60 wpm
- Practical negotiation, listening, and communication skills are required
- Must have solid math skills – adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.