Second Shift Tool & Die Repair Technician
Mentor, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Tool & Die Repair Technician. This is a second shift position from 2:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.; however, you must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Build and repair production fixtures, forge tooling, and dies and repair and maintain tool room equipment
- Manufacture and/or replace parts necessary for the machinery
- Diagnose manufacturing issues and make repairs needed to maintain production
- Read and interpret detailed blueprints, design sketches, verbal explanations/instructions, and hand sketches
- Use precision measuring tools and work to close tolerances
- Cutting torch system with Mig and Stick Welding
- Work with pumps, pneumatics, electrical safety, forklifts, gears, hydraulics, valves, and rigging equipment
- Operate Manual Engine Lathe, Bridgeport, Surface Grinder, Sinker EDM Machine and CNC 3 Axis Vertical Mill Machines
- Travel for training and business needs
- Follow all safety procedures
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; Technical School preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in tool and die is preferred
- Must have a thorough understanding of manual tool room machines
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, communication, and organizational skills
- Must have the operate a forklift and man lift, as well as the ability to lift up to 70 pounds when necessary
- Must have strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email knowledge
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods
- Must be comfortable doing repairs to forge tolling and fixturing for manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to follow all rules, regulations, and laws
- Must be able to travel
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.