Pilot Plant Technician
Brooklyn, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Pilot Plant Technician to perform many of the functions of foundry personnel, simple machine shop functions, mixing and blending, completion of basic calculations, use of sensitive scales, and any other operations as trained. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. with overtime as needed.
- Make/pack sand molds as required. Materials and procedures will change depending on the current needs of the pilot plant
- Work with molten aluminum as directed including heating, melting, mixing, degassing, sampling, testing, pouring, and skimming
- Work with heating and cooling equipment including hot water and hot oil systems
- Perform maintenance on pumps, valves, motorized equipment, pneumatic equipment, hoses, etc. based on the manuals and/or verbal instruction
- Use tow motor or forklift in tight confines
- Lift and carry equipment or raw materials up to 100 pounds
- Maintenance of the work area through housekeeping, preventative maintenance, organizing of parts and equipment, and clean-up of the warehouse area is required
- Must have tow motor operation experience
- Must have knowledge and experience with basic tools such as tape measures, drills, saws, and other hand tools
- Must have the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for decimals and fractions
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods and lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to interpret verbal and written instruction and follow them to achieve a specific goal
- Must have an eye for detail
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.