Mentor, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Paint Batchmaker to perform duties required to manufacture products accurately and timely. You will work Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review batch tickets for process instructions and size
- Check all valves to make sure only the proper ones are opened
- Charge the mixer with the proper raw materials and amounts
- Verify the proper pigments and amounts
- Clean tanks and mixers for next batch, check and request blade changes, media changes, and mill changes when necessary
- Record materials used, lot numbers, and all other necessary information
- Follow safety procedures including proper bonding, grounding, handling of chemicals and hazardous material, and use of all protective equipment
- Responsible for reducing the amount of hazardous waste created, immediately contacting the Emergency Coordinator when discovering a leak or spill, and report any defective materials or unsafe working conditions
- Perform other similar or related duties as needed
- High School Diploma or GED, 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years High Speed Dispersion and Medical Mill experience is required
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions and write simple correspondence
- Must have the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers, multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s, and use unites of money and weight measurements, volume, and distance
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- A current Forklift Training Certificate is required.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to follow and abide by all safety rules and regulations
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.