Mechanical Maintenance Technician A
Mentor, OH | Temp-to-Hire
This manufacturing company is offering an immediate full-time opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. Training will be performed on first shift from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. then the position will move to evenings from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors and production machines, following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications, and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools, and examine form and texture of parts
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges
- Fabricate repaired parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Observe newly repaired machinery and equipment operation to verify the adequacy of repairs
- Record parts and materials used, and requisition new parts and materials as necessary
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous equipment, mechanical, and electrical maintenance experience required
- Must have knowledge of basic safety rules and power tools
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, digital instrumentation, industrial electricity, A/C and D/C drive skills
- Follow all safety rules pertaining to maintenance projects
- Must have strong listening and communication skills
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Solid work history with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.