General Labor/Carpenters - 4 needed
Cleveland, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A large manufacturing and supply company is seeking General Laborers that have Carpentry skills in order to perform all tasks involved in the production of products while following standard work methods and practicing safe work habits. Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Perform all tasks associated with the assembly of products and components
- Sort incoming materials in preparation for production line
- Assemble/dis-assemble pallets, operate hoists and equipment to move pallets, attach appropriate labels and tags/markings to products and packages, and place finished goods in designed areas for forklift operators
- Track production on schedule boards and regularly meet quotas
- Assist with building crates, use/maintain power equipment and hand tools, and report damages or any other mechanical or material issues
- Attend safety meetings, handle recycling materials, safely operate all vehicles and equipment, and maintain a visual on parts, supplies, and equipment
- Follow all policies and safety practices, OSHA standards, and health and safety regulations and guidelines
- Keep work and shop areas clean and organized at all times
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be mechanically inclined and good with hand and power tools
- Must demonstrate ability to learn skills and move to other areas as needed
- Must be able to read a tape measure and perform basic math
- Must have the ability to lift 75 pounds regularly
- Must be able to read and understand directions, MSDS, Manuals, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented, motivated, dedicated, honest, and trustworthy
- Must have the ability to maintain a clean, organized and safe work area while following all policies and safety practices
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.