Cleveland, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A manufacturing company is seeking an Engineering Assistant who will be responsible for evaluating blueprints for purchasing of raw materials and creating detailed shop drawing calling out all requirements to process order. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Estimating steel & carbide quantities from blueprints
- Using CAD software to convert blueprints
- Communicating with vendors to determine costs, availability & quality of raw materials
- Generating purchase orders
- Verifying & processing raw material deliveries
- Entering orders using AutoCAD, E2 Software, QuickBooks & MS Office Suite
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor degree a plus
- 5+ years of prior related experience
- A commitment to exceptional customer service
- A basic knowledge of raw materials & the ability to read blueprints
- Adequate computer knowledge, included CAD software
- Advanced math skills & excellent penmanship
- Strong negotiating abilities
- Basic understanding of the mechanics of purchasing
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.