Customer Service Representative
Akron, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A large storage company is seeking a Customer Service Representative who will be responsible for the efficient operation in customer service and assisting and negotiating with our customers for the order processing execution of warehouse services, including transloading and packaging. Work hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Assist customers with uninterrupted flow of shipments to and from our warehouse facilities
- Receive, enter, and monitor customer orders, track progress of all orders, and provide information to customers regarding open orders, shipping, and invoicing
- Make sure all information is correct for billing and shipping purposes and completed in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Coordinate shipping, logistics, and manage and track inventory levels
- Assist with documentation for the transportation of international freight for Import and Export Shipments and ensure all documentation and declarations are accurate and in compliance with regulation/trade agreements
- Maintain accurate records, logs, and files for all inbound and outbound activity
- Ensure accurate and appropriate shipping and packaging are maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and at least 1 year experience in customer service, preferably in shipping/receiving or in a public warehouse environment
- Must be proficient using Word, Excel, Outlook, and various shipping databases
- Must have good math skills with the ability to use fractions, decimals, compute rates, ratios, percentages, and draw bar graphs
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to speak and negotiate effectively
- Must be able to read and interpret documents, work instructions, procedure manuals, and write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions and deal with problems.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.