Boiler Operator/Utility Technician
Painesville, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A chemical company is seeking a Boiler Operator who will be responsible for the boiler house equipment and operation, boiler house lab, and process quality testing to meet operating objectives. This is a 12 hour rotating shift from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Operate area and maintain steam, air, and water for plant operations in a safe, responsible, and environmentally sanctioned manner
- Closely monitor all equipment to detect early warning signs of performance deviations
- Ensure that company’s safe work practices and policies are maintained at all times, identify, and troubleshoot operational problems
- Prepare equipment and perform minor maintenance repairs
- Perform quality testing, in a laboratory setting, to meet operating objectives
- Maintain high housekeeping standards
- Communication via written shift logs, maintenance logs, process checklists, and information systems
- Maintain thorough verbal and written communication at shift exchange
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a current State of Ohio High Pressure Boiler Operator License
- Familiar with standard operating procedures such as: LOTO, P&ID’s, Safe Work Permitting, ISO knowledge and experience is preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also as a team player
- Must have the ability to wear all required safety equipment, lift up to 70 pounds, and work in extreme temperatures
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts and required overtime
- MS Office preferred; SAP experience is a plus
Only candidates that can pass a background check and a drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.