Automobile Claim Handlers II - 5 needed
Valley View, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A large insurance company is seeking Claim Handlers who will be primarily responsible for investigating and settling vehicle accident claims over the phone and through written correspondence. Work hours are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability, and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines
- Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim
- Investigate and evaluate claims using a lowest ultimate cost strategy and establish and maintain appropriate diary of open claims
- Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents and forms from claimants and insureds, conduct recorded statements, ensure timely completion of appraisals, determine accident related damages, negotiate timely and appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds, and attorneys, and issue proper payments
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience is preferred. INS or other insurance related courses preferred
- Six months to one year experience handling automobile claims is needed
- Must have proficient computer and Windows skills
- Must have effective verbal and written communication, time management, customer service, negotiation, organizational, and investigative skills
- Must have the ability to perform basic math calculations, as well as the calculation of averages and percentages
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.