*Second Shift Operator/Supervisor
Chardon, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A manufacturing company is seeking a Second Shift Supervisor/Operator for an immediate, full-time position. You will supervise daily shift operations, maintaining up to eight extrusion lines, and assist in the activities of production personnel engaged in the manufacturing function. This is a second shift opportunity.
- Tear down, clean out, and set-up extrusion dies and downstream equipment
- Mix/blend virgin or reprocessed materials with or without concentrate or powder colorants
- Clean, maintenance, care, and storage of dies
- Perform extrusion process starting with raw materials to finished goods
- Material identification and classification
- Supervisor production staff of 5 to 7 individuals
- Maintain production lines and communicate with opposing Shift Supervisors
- Visualize, read, and interpret blueprint drawings
- Use dial calipers and measuring instruments
- Operate a tow motor
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ related experience operating and supervising in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a basic understating of production process
- Must be able to communicate in written and oral form
- Must be able to understand and respond to listener feedback and ask questions in two-way and group conversations
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use Algebra
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Must be able to occasionally lift more than 100 pounds, frequently lift up to 100 pounds, regularly lift up to 10 pounds, and operate a tow motor
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.