Strongsville, OH 44149
A manufacturing company is seeking an individual to set-up and operate internal grinding machines, analyze blueprints and specifications, and select tooling according to procedures. Training will be performed on first shift for 90 days and then you will move to either second or third shift.
- Study blueprint or layout to visualize grinding to be done
- Select grinding wheel and mount wheel on spindle
- Following product specifications, move controls and read dial to set angle of workpiece
- Dress wheel manually or with preset devise
- Position and secure workpiece using wrenches
- Select grinding wheel and work surface speed, and workpiece table travel rate
- Verify dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments
- Report production time for each job plan
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience including previous work in forming grinding wheels
- Must have Vertical Mill or Lathe experience
- Must be able to read blueprints, manufacturing sketches, inspection tools, and have knowledge of Quality Control, gages, and micrometers
- Must have the ability to set tool lengths for each machine
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with knowledge of using decimals and fractions
- Must understand procedures and production schedules
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to operate tow motors, forklift, pallet jacks, cranes, and packaging materials
Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.