VMC/Bridgeport Milling Machinist - 2 needed - First/Second Shifts
Willoughby, OH 44094 US
A large manufacturing company is seeking an individual to machine parts, product, and tooling using equipment, materials, methods, and procedures, and to complete products. There is an opening on both first and second shifts.
- Set-up and operate VMC and Bridgeport Milling Machine to produce parts, verify conformance to customer specs, and become familiar with G&M code programming and editing
- Plan and sequence jobs on CNC to minimize toll and set-up changes within the guidelines established
- Modify, correct, and improve CNC programs as necessary and communicate changes and/or suggestions to CNC Programmer and Engineering Department
- Develop and manage templates for parts run on all machines and machine cast aluminum and various types of plastic material
- Read and interpret blueprints and use calipers, micrometers, surface plate, and height stand
- Count parts and record in operating system software and on routing sheet
- Inspect parts during run to ensure compliance with all prints and quality standards
- Perform preventative maintenance required for smooth daily operation of these machines
- Load and unload material and sort and stack all finished parts, raw materials, and finished work pieces
- Observe all personal and equipment safety rules and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must be able to set-up and operate VMC and Bridgeport Milling Machines
- Must be familiar with G&M Code programming and editing
- Must be able to machine caste aluminum and various types of plastic material
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Must be able to accurately use calipers, micrometers, surface plants, and height stands
- Operation of forklift or pallet jack is needed
- The ability to fill out all documentation in a timely manner is required
- Must be able to check material and/or product for obvious defects before starting a job, during the job, upon finishing the job, as well as, notifying a supervisor anytime a quality issue arises
- Must be safety-conscious, detail-oriented, able to follow all safety rules, and maintain a safe work environment
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this VMC/Bridgeport Milling Machinist position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call (440) 788-4373, or TEXT “your name & 171734” to (440) 497-1091.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.