Team Lead - Picking Department
Wadsworth, OH | Temp-to-Hire
This large supply/distribution company is seeking a Team Lead who will be responsible for leading the daily operations of the Picking Department to ensure accurate and timely picking of all orders with maximum efficiency. Hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. with overtime available depending on business needs.
- Ensure all picking deadlines and priority cut-off times are met
- Review daily pick errors with pickers and document areas of improvement
- Ensure all batches are picked to meet deadlines
- Conduct timely research to locate product to prevent errors or delays
- Help to attract and retain a qualified and motivated workforce
- Assist in the evaluation of employee performance, handle disciplinary issues, and maintain an environment of respect and accountability
- Track and maintain productivity standards and assess staff, supplies, and equipment need
- Maintain “Tour Ready” clean and safe work area
- Perform other duties as needed
- High School Diploma or GED and Associates Degree is required
- Must have 2 to 3 years picking experience in high volume
- Must have 2+ years of direct experience in managing 15+ employees in a distribution environment
- Experience in an e-commerce fulfillment environment is preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Office and operational systems/software
- Must have excellent communication, supervisory, and customer service skills
- Must be able to identify problems and resolve in a timely manner
- Must possess a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize tasks and resources appropriately
- Must promote an environment conducive to employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness
- Must have the ability to stand, stoop, lift up to 70 pounds, and perform manual dexterity
- Must be able to operate related equipment
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers competitive pay and a benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.