Shop Mechanic - 2 Needed
Glenwillow, OH 44139 US
If you enjoy working on motor vehicles and are able to diagnose all diesel engines, as well as, hydraulic and electrical issues, we can use your skill. We need 2 Mechanics to fill positions at a local repair shop. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Assist with the diagnosis and completion of maintenance/repairs of fleet vehicles and equipment, equipment failure, machine maintenance, and customer damage resolution
- Ensure timely completion of repairs
- Assist with managing employees that have the proper training and skill level to provide accurate diagnosis of maintenance issues, perform needed repairs, and help with training new personnel
- Inspect and measure performance of personnel to improve overall shop operation, continuously improve processes, and manage budgets, labor, scheduling, and resources
- Understand and apply company safety practices including DOT, EPA, ICC, and OSHA rules and regulations
- Handle special assignment and other duties as needed
- Technical Associates Degree or Program Certificate is preferred
- Five years of experience in Rail MOW equipment maintenance is preferred
- Must have experience as a field and shop mechanic
- Must have a mechanical background with an extensive knowledge of Railroad MOW construction equipment
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have strong diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions, confined spaces, elevated heights, with frequent stooping, lifting, kneeling, bending, crouching, and climbing
- Traveling will be required as needed
Only those candidates that can pass a background and BMV check will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 330-468-4469 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.