Westlake, OH | Indefinite
This distribution company is offering an immediate, full-time position for a Shipping/Receiving Clerk. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Picking, packing and preparing shipments of customer orders within the same day with a 98% accuracy rate
- Load and unload delivery trucks daily
- Teamwork, share information and skills, assist other team members, work with or assist other departments with meeting the needs of the business
- Keep a clean and safe work area
- Must participate in all mandatory safety training as offered
- Actively tackle routine warehouse functions
- Ensure timely customer satisfaction
- Committed to a high level of accuracy in the department and in individual contributions
- Become knowledgeable in our products, services and a go-to resource for our customers and associates
- Assist other team members, works with or assists other departments with meeting the needs of the business
- Works individually and within the team to meet weekly and monthly KPI reporting requirements
- Demonstrate commitment to safety
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a regulated distribution or manufacturing warehouse setting
- Must have High School Diploma
- Operate a forklift, recent certification or ability to become certified within 30 days
- MS Office experience, Excel desired; ERP system familiarity, Internet, ability to use shipment tracking software
- Knowledgeable in typical leverage and maneuverability tools
- Knowledge of hazardous materials shipping procedures
- Knowledge of US Customs, CTPAT and FDA compliance standards, desired. Or, solid background in other regulatory environments
- Must be able to stand for more than half time, in addition to walking, stooping, kneeling, and climbing
- Must be able to lift or maneuver products that weigh up to 100 pounds.
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.