Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Cleveland, OH - East Suburb, OH | Temp-to-Hire
An opportunity has become available for Mechanical Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing the electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, and components of the production machinery and equipment, as well as the structures and systems of the facility. Training will be performed on first shift and then you will move to second shift.
- Ensure that production equipment operates as intended and in a safe manner
- Maintain accurate maintenance records
- Inspect the production equipment to locate the cause of any malfunctions
- Troubleshoot the electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems of all production equipment
- Dismantle production equipment to gain access to any problem areas
- Inspect and measure parts and components to detect wear, misalignment, or any other problems
- Remove and replace worn or defective parts of any system
- Troubleshoot production equipment PLC’s
- Restart, re-energize, and test production equipment after completing repairs
- Install and repair various sizes of metal and plastic piping
- Participate in lock-out/tag-out to ensure employee safety
- Contribute to good housekeeping by maintaining a clean work area
- Operate a propane powered industrial lift truck
- Operate shop equipment such as a cutting torch, welding equipment, lathe, drill press, and grinder
- Communicate issues with co-workers both within and outside the maintenance department
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years’ related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in an industrial or mechanical environment
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, technical procedures, schematics, and drawings
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required
- Candidates must be able to provide a locking tool chest and a functional set of tools
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must have a solid work history, with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.