Strongsville, OH | Temp-to-Hire
A non-profit organization is seeking a Housekeeper to ensure the day-to-day cleaning of resident rooms and common areas in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, regulations, and the company policies and procedures. You will work Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily assignments including cleaning, mopping, washing, polishing and sanitizing of ceilings, walls, windows, floors, fixtures, furniture, and equipment
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns immediately, follow all established safety precautions, and assure all equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift
- Assure that cleaning schedules are followed, implement and recommend changes as required, and file complaints and grievances
- Coordinate and maintain a working relationship with all personnel, create an atmosphere of warmth, and maintain the example of professionalism
- Attend and participate in “in-service” educational classes, on-the-job training programs, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Follow established infection control, universal precautions, policies, procedures, and safety precautions
- Assure the facility and work areas are free of hazardous conditions, water/chemical spills, etc.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all residents and treat all residents with kindness, dignity, and respect
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skill and Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, etc.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with all personnel
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, enthusiasm, and the willingness to handle difficult residents
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move a minimum of 50 pounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.