Building Maintenance Technician
Lakewood, OH 44107 | Direct Hire
This apartment complex is seeking an all-around Building Maintenance Technician for a full-time opportunity. You will work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Troubleshoot and repair all appliances
- Proper use of hand and power tools to install carpentry hardware, door hinges, drywall and window repair and replacement, and shelving installation
- Replace electrical outlets, switches, light fixtures, circuit breakers, use basic test equipment and maintain fire and security system operation
- Remove snow, salt sidewalks, operate mower, and maintain all equipment
- Understand and use MSDS, use cleaning chemicals, clean as required, and maintain cleaning equipment
- Troubleshoot and use schematics and wiring diagrams for HVAC filter changes, coil cleaning, pump replacement, use pressure gauges, evacuate and change out condensing units and air handlers, and maintain a Type II EPA Certification
- Basic plumbing repair on copper, PVC, CPVC, toilets, pump replacement, troubleshoot, repair, and replace fixtures, valves, water heater, and use electric auger or snake
- Pool cleaning, chemical testing, filter cleaning, repair and replace motor pump
- Must have interior and exterior building maintenance experience
- HVAC and Plumbing Certification is a plus
- Must be able to read and comprehend warning labels, service requests, and effectively communicate with residents and other property staff
- Must be able to prioritize numerous tasks and understand the importance of service requests
- Must have strong analytical, creativity, and computer skills
- Must have the ability to show confidence in work, motivate others, and represent the property at resident functions
- Must be able to understand the company’s policies and procedures, track materials used for inventory purposes, and sign-in/sign-out unit keys
- Must be able to calculate footage and read proper measurements
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 25 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.