Cleveland, OH 44110
A design and manufacturing company is seeking an Accounting Assistant for a full-time opportunity. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Verify items on invoice have a correct price and purchase order number, correct all problems, and mail invoices by noon
- Post invoices to general ledger and prepare and distribute Daily Report
- Review and issue all credit memos and post to general ledger accounts
- Maintain the account receivable sub-ledger and analysis, post daily deposits, pursue collection of old unpaid invoices, and run aging reports
- Maintain and update all customer accounts
- Process hourly payroll, set-up and terminate hourly employees, verify hours worked, rate changes, deductions, and print checks
- Provide back-up and assistance for Account Payable processing, General Accounting, and Assistant Controller
- Provide support to CFO on special projects and account analysis when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have an Associate’s Degree in a specialized or technical field
- Must have knowledge of general accounting, accounting theory, and cost accounting
- Must have 1 to 3 years of Accounting and payroll experience
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and customer service skills
- Must be computer literate with accurate data entry skills
- Must be able to make occasional trips to branches to resolve accounting issues
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.