Beachwood, OH | Temp-to-Hire
This accounting firm is seeking a Staff Accountant/Auditor to perform a wide variety of diversified accounting and auditing assignments. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Perform diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, and/or partner
- Plan, schedule, and supervise client engagements, meet time constraints, client deadlines, and engagement compliance deadlines
- Communicate with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client
- Direct and instruct assigned staff for work to be performed and lead the engagement work paper review
- Prepare work papers and perform various procedures established under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA) to verify accuracy and validity of clients’ financial matters
- Prepare audit reports and internal reporting documents as requested
- Represent firm at intern recruiting fairs and collaborate with staff to mentor seasonal interns
- Develop a network of industry peers and business contacts, meet with prospect clients, cultivate referral business, and travel when required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Current State of Ohio Certified Public Accountant’s License
- Must have 3 to 4 years’ of experience in public accounting, and demonstrative a progression in complexity of accounting tasks
- Not-for-Profit accounting experience is desired
- Must possess depth of technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff, accounts, and/or perform tasks and duties independently
- Must be familiar of GAAP, and other comprehensive basis of accounting, unique or specified accounting principles, and financial statement presentation
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, and work with an entrepreneurial approach to client service while building positive working relationships
- Must be comfortable preparing and presenting workshops, seminars, and training sessions to both internal and external stakeholders
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.